Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Unique, Affordable Christmas Gifts--How About A Handmade Guitar Strap?

Christmas will be here soon and, like most of us, you're probably trying to figure out how to buy gifts that have quality and meaning without breaking your Christmas budget. It's tough times right now. Most of us understand that. Being immersed in the local and regional music scene, I am especially sensitive to the fact that there are fewer gigs out there, smaller draws, less money at the end of the night. What was once a struggle to move forward has become a battle just to survive.

When I started making handmade guitar straps in 1998, those musicians were exactly the ones I had in mind-- people who were getting started, didn't have much money, but needed and wanted to bring a distinctive persona to the stage. I've never abandoned that group of musicians because they have always been special to me, people with goals and hopes and the talent to make them real, and that's why I've tried to keep my guitar strap prices within their reach. The top paragraph takes you to my Artfire studio where you'll see a range of prices from $45 to $500. Maybe you'll see something that's perfect for the struggling musician in your life, maybe you won't. Don't just shop at my studio; look around Artfire, where I sell my guitar straps. You'll see all kinds of really cool, well made, affordable creations.

When you visit an Artfire studio, be sure to look for the Certified Handmade Artifact in the artisan studio you're visiting. Check their feedback by clicking the gold stars in the Seller Information box. Be especially sure to check their check in date just above the gold stars. If it's been a while since they checked in, unless they are on vacation and have a vacation message in their studio, move on to another studio. Some sellers conceal their check in date and I honestly don't know why. But, if you see something you just must have, check their sales numbers for some assurance that they're active and message them before you buy to make sure they'll be responsive. Read the descriptions carefully to be sure you are getting what you think you are getting.

You can have a great Christmas if you just think creatively. You can find wonderfully unique and unusual, affordable, one-of-a-kind creations and buy from a trustworthy artisan. I hope you try Artfire and I really hope you'll check out my guitar straps. Merry Christmas!! Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment