Sunday, August 9, 2009

Making Jewelry From Embroidery Thread

Sometimes I am just struck by a split-second image. Then I feel this terrible urgency to capture it in fabric and threads. I know other people are like this, too. They hear a certain brief combination of notes and suddenly there's a melody that must be written, or a little random word phrase runs through their minds and a song demands to be born. I think almost everyone has those moments.

I was in a jewelry store the other day, just kind of browsing, not looking for anything in particular, and saw some Navajo turquoise and silver jewelry pieces in the display case. It was nestled in a bed of black satin and it was one of those, "Oh, I must capture that somehow" moments. So, here you go. It's turquoise embroidery thread satin-stitched to black satin with silver thread, in a chain stitch, to finish out silver metal of the jewelry. It's lined on the back with matching turquoise satin. Thanks very much for reading and please let me know what you think! Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment